Friday, May 7, 2010

Life looks different with kids

All I can say is ... wow! At 7:31 this morning, I was brewing my coffee, I had been up late making dresses for my girls, and had to finish Rachel's. Well, I go to use the ladies room, and I hear BOOM!!! Ok, I knew it wasn't me. So, I thought, uhoh! Hubby comes running in to tell me there was an accident...HELLO!!! Let me pull my pants up please! Sheesh! where did the dignity go? lol

So, I go out to the porch, and oh my goodness, it was carnage! I saw two cars, and then a dump truck a block away. There was broken glass and chunks of car everywhere! I spoke to some ladies that saw it, and it happened RIGHT in front of my house!

The dump truck was going about 70 mph, he lost his brakes (they are investigating that) and literally ran over this car:



I didn't even see this car, because it was literally wedged UNDER the dump truck! That was car #1 to be hit. Car #1 had no control, and was forced into Car #2, by the dump truck. Car #2 was metal, and fared pretty well. Car #2 hit car #3, and car #3 rammed into a telephone pole. OMG, the smoke, the smell, and the injuries! The one good thing was the house that car #3 ended up at happens to be owned by a nurse, so she was an enormous help to them!

Now, we live in a residential neighborhood, speed limit is 25, it is a MIRACLE people weren't killed. So far the injuries appear to be relatively minor, but they don't know for sure.

Here's how life is different with kids, before kids, I would have been shocked, and thought how horrible!

With kids, I immediately head for the what if's! What if my son had been on his way to the bus stop? What if this happened 4 minutes earlier, when there was a bus full of kids going down the road? With kids you realize, life can change in the blink of an eye! Not everything can be fixed.

So, now I'm more paranoid than usual! I don't even want my kids in the front yard! Can you blame me? The poor first car was pushed up onto the sidewalk!

I'll post more as I find out. Be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment